Sleep Apnea and Snoring
Sleep apnea is a potentially serious sleep disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts.
Sleep Apnea Treatment Morton Grove, Snoring Treatment Morton Grove
Sleep Apnea is the condition in which breathing ceases for about ten seconds while a person is sleeping. It is identified as one of the major sleep problems that causes daytime sleepiness and a significant impact on your overall health.
- Poor memory,
- Muscle tenderness evidently on the face, back and neck pain
- Daytime sleepiness.
- Dry Mouth
- Snoring is one symptom of a SDB problem.
Upon you initial consultation we will:
- Review the history of your sleep condition
- Complete thorough examination of your teeth and mouth head neck and jaw
- If we suspect OSA (Snoring & Obstructive Sleep Apnea)we can refer you to a sleep specialist. A sleep study (polysomnography) is performed by a qualified sleep physician and measures oxygen saturation, brain waves, depth of sleep, number of times you actually stop breathing (for more than 10 seconds or have a restricted airway) and much more. Then they will provide the correct treatment for your sleep apnea.
If you suspect you suffer from sleep apnea, we’d love to meet with you and help you understand how it could affect your oral health. To learn more or book an appointment, contact ProCare Family Dental today.
ProCare Family Dental
Schedule your consultation with one of our doctors today!Make An Appointment Map & Directions Morton Grove (847) 965-6223