First Visit at ProCare Family Dental.
Our Promise to Patients….We Listen, Care and Explain.
We value you and your time, so we won’t keep you waiting…You are always seated for your appointment on time, and will be seen by the same Doctor every time!
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives – choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”
Your first visit to ProCare Family Dental involves being well-prepared for your appointment. It will ensure that the doctors have all of the needed information to provide the best possible Dental Care for you. It also will help relieve any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors and staff. We look forward to your first visit.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time or before your initial appointment-consultation:
- Any x-rays taken by a previous dentist, if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary insurance card and drivers license. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- You can also save time by completing the necessary New Patient Forms On-Line in advance of your appointment: Click here.
Your initial appointment-consultation and regular exams will include the following:
- A Comprehensive Dental Check-Up (Examination of teeth for decay and of existing restorations) by the Doctor).
- Periodontal Examination (Gum disease evaluation) by the Doctor
- Oral Cancer Screening by the Doctor.
- Review of your Medical and Dental History
- Take necessary digital x-rays
- Professional Dental Cleaning with the Hygienist (In absence of Gum Decease)
- Oral Hygiene Instructions
- Fluoride Treatment
- Review of your treatment options (if needed) by the Doctor
- Treatment (if needed) will be started at a different day
- However, a complex treatment plan will require a second appointment to provide treatment plan options in more detail.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on their first visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).